Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bow, Button, Ribbon Tutorial



Hello Y'all its Loriann here 
I put together a quick ribbon tying tutorial that I use
on my projects.
Please bear with me this is my first tutorial.


Step 1 -
Materials: 2 - 3" long pieces of thicker ribbon
1 bow tied ribbon (smaller thickness.)
Button and Crochet thread 
(or small thickness thread)






Step 2 - After looping ribbon through the button,
 tie it to the backside of your thinner ribbon,
 leaving the excess. 


Step 3 - Flip your bow over on-top of the 
criss-crossed thicker ribbon and 
flip it over to tie another knot.


Step 4 - Use light, but firm pressure as you
 tie the back knot to ensure the criss-crossed 
ribbon doesn't pull to one side. 


This is a view of what it will look like in the front... 
evenly cut the ribbon tails and still leave
 the long thread to attach it to your card. 


Final step: Punch two holes
 (I used the 1/8" SU hand punch) and then tie the tails 
of the thread through these holes and tie
 a knot on the inside of your card. 
You can also use 2 strips of ribbon instead of 
another bow.





Here is the card completed using Dandelion Wishes


I hope that explains how I tie this type of ribbon!
  If you have questions or any
 other tutorial suggestions, just let me know!
Thankyou for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! - Thanks!!
    Hugs Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is wonderful. TFS the tutorial.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs