Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Breast Cancer Awareness

Hi everyone! 

It's that time of year again.. Breast Cancer Awareness month. 
Unfortunately, this disease has touched us all in one way or another.

Early detection of breast cancer is key in saving lives.
 Here is the instructions on how to do a Breast Self Exam
We are encouraged to do these exams monthly. 

The project I made today is for all of you fighting this fight...weather you are fighting yourself or fighting right along side with someone you love. 



The image I used today is Fight Digi Stamp from Paper Nest Dolls. I colored her with Copic markers. 

Fighting cancer is a cause I hold very close to my heart, as many of my family members have fought  this awful disease. I chose to honor my loved ones by becoming a Chemo Card Angel. Chemo Angels is an incredible program.  You fill out an application and they pair you with someone that has similar interests as you. Then you send cards and small gifts to lift the spirits of your Chemo Buddy who is currently going through chemo. There are different types of Angels. Chemo Angels, Card Angels, and Prayer Angels.  They even have Senior Angels. I currently have two Chemo Buddies through Chemo Angels. I find being a part of this program very rewarding. I have been able to walk through this journey as a Card Angel with four people. It has been a blessing. 

 If you know anyone who is going through chemo or will be going through chemo, please share Chemo Angels with them. See if they would like to sign up to be a Chemo Buddy. There is an application on the Chemo Angels site.

Copic markers used
Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11
Pinks: R81, R83, R85
Whites: C00, C1

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you have been inspired to create an awareness project of your own.  
Hugs, 
                             Tina Goodwin 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs